The responsibilities and duties of the carrier
- The contract of carriage specifies the type and nature of the goods contracted to be transported, size, weight, number or quantity according to the type of goods, data of the parties to the contract, transportation fees, method of payment, place, date and time of the transfer of responsibility of the goods to the carrier or freight forwarder, The place and period of delivery to the consignee, and the mechanism of receipt and delivery, including loading and unloading, handling, stacking and storage operations, and the requirements and requirements of the transport process for the type and nature of the goods, and it is permissible by agreement of the parties to the transport contract to use electronic transactions in everything Concerning transport contract transactions according to the laws, regulations and instructions in force in the Kingdom.
- It is permissible for the parties to the contract to agree on additional conditions in the carriage contract in a manner that does not contradict the provisions of this regulation and the relevant rules, regulations and instructions.
- The carrier - under his responsibility and supervision - may assign part or all of the tasks entrusted to him to implement the terms of the transport contract, unless otherwise agreed in the contract, and the carrier is directly responsible for all the actions and actions of his subordinates in the implementation of the obligations arising from the transport contract, Every condition that exempts the carrier from liability for the actions and actions of his subordinates shall be null and void.
- The carrier is responsible for the goods from the time he receives them or the party assigned to him by him performs any of the tasks entrusted to him or authorized to receive them at their destination.
- The carrier is not responsible for damages caused by loading or unloading the goods from or on the truck, except in the event that loading and unloading was carried out by the carrier at the request of the sender or the consignee.
- The carrier, if necessary to preserve the goods, may upon receipt of the goods re-package or repair, increase or decrease the covers, or other necessary measures that require taking them for a fee or without charge according to the agreement with the sender or his representative.
- The carrier shall be responsible for the loss resulting from damage or loss of the goods, as well as for delay in delivery if the accident that caused the damage, loss, or delay in delivery occurred at the time the goods were in his custody, unless it is proven that no error or negligence has been made by him or for any Of his employees or agents who caused or contributed to the delay in the delivery of the goods or their loss or damage. He may also be exempt from liability if he proves that the delay in the delivery of the goods or their loss or damage is due to one or some of the following reasons:
- A mistake made by the sender, the addressee, or any of their agents or representatives.
- Force majeure.
- An underlying or hidden defect in the merchandise.
- A decrease in volume or weight during transport for reasons related to the nature of the cargo being transported, such as evaporation, drought or maturity.
- Another reason is outside the control of the carrier and prevents him from implementing the terms of the contract of carriage.
- The carrier shall be responsible for the damage or loss resulting from the delay in delivering the goods on the specified date if the sender has declared in writing his desire to deliver the goods on this specified date and agreed upon by the carrier.
- In the absence of a prior agreement regarding the date of delivery of the goods, the carrier shall be responsible for the delay in delivery if it is not delivered within a period of time deemed appropriate after taking into account the circumstances that may lead to this delay.
The goods are treated as if they are lost and the carrier is responsible for their loss in the following cases:
- If the goods have not arrived within (30) thirty days after the agreed delivery date.
- Sixty (60) days after receipt of the goods by the carrier; If no date has been set for delivery.
- The carrier shall not be responsible for the loss resulting from the delay in the delivery of the goods, their damage or loss if this resulted from the sender providing incorrect data or information about the nature of the goods in the contract of carriage or the transport document.
- The carrier shall not be responsible for any loss of weight or volume that befalls the cargo during transport by reason of its nature. Provided that this decrease does not exceed the percentage determined in accordance with the general rules adopted for the transportation of such goods. And if the transport document includes different goods divided into groups or parcels, and the weight of each of them is indicated in the document, then the permissible deficiency is determined on the basis of the weight of each group or parcel separately.
- The carrier is not responsible for the deficiency that appears in the goods transported in a container or the like prepared by the sender and sealed with his seal if the carrier delivers it to the consignee with its proper seal and at the specified time for delivery.
- The carrier is obligated to collect the sums that were stipulated under the terms of the transport contract to be met by the consignee for the sender's account upon delivery, and if the goods were delivered without collecting those sums, the carrier must pay those sums to the sender without prejudice to his right to return to the consignee.
- The carrier shall be responsible for the loss of the documents attached to the transport document, contained therein, or deposited with him, or for their incorrect use of them, provided that the compensation payable does not exceed the consideration that the goods are lost.
- The carrier while on duty must accept all requests assigned to him and not reject any of them.
- In the event that a flight request is accepted, the carrier must go to the loading area within the time allowed. Otherwise, he must respond to the operations employee and give reasons.
- The carrier must report any problem, if any, to his truck or phone before accepting any orders.
- The carrier must report any damage to the goods, if any, before loading them onto his truck, otherwise the responsibility falls on him after the loading process.
- Trucks are not passed within cities at the time of prohibiting the passage of trucks within cities, in the event that this occurs the responsibility rests with the carrier, and the carrier bears all consequences for that.
- During the trip, the carrier must stay connected and the application is in the operating state, any interruption for a period of more than thirty minutes is notified to the security authorities.
- In the event of an accident, God forbid, the carrier must inform the operations officer and attach all official reports of the accident.
- In the case of container trips, the carrier must verify the condition and cleanliness of the container before returning it to the empty container yard, and inform the operations officer with attaching copies of the container’s condition if there is damage or debris inside the container.
On-demand goods transportation services for business or personal needs. Book trucks to transport goods anywhere in a specific country. Customer application and web panel (companies of driver) tracking of their goods via driver application which is using the background location of our drivers to deliver real-time & efficient service to our customers.
Why we need background location permission
Our customers need to see the real-time location of their goods when they deliver their precious goods using our platform. The logistics companies who are using our platform and providing goods transport services also need to access the real-time location of their drivers so they can provide updates to their customers using telephone or online support.
These are the 2 main reasons we need to have a background location enabled for our drivers in this app, so we can provide effective services.